Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Open air art


The Melrose paint out was a blast. I made some open air jewlery out of Magnolia leaves I found in front of the Melrose Bay Gallery.

In this picture my sister Les, visiting from Vancouver Island, Canada, is helping out making "beads" from cut up leaves. She is a pro at this. Her main art form these days is making jewelry from manipulated found objects. She was an innovator long ago in this "field". Before it was "green" it was keen. We were working on the front porch at Bellamy Road Gallery



Here the leaves have been wrapped around sticks with copper wire and several layers of acrylic medium and varnish have been added for protection and durability
















This is another shot of the leaves in process of adding acorn "beads" to the leather necklace. I used one of Les's finds, a squished bottle cap, as part of the clasp.









Here it is in the finished state














and on display at Melrose Bay Gallery














I also did 3 paintings in watercolors sitting by the lake on a couple of different days. Sorry about the bad pictures. I wasn't thinking far enough ahead to take good ones. The 2 framed 8 x 10's are on paper as are 3 that I mounted as greeting cards. The larger 11 x 14 is watercolor on gessoed board.





























Here is one in progress with my little watercolor set up. This is a 5 x 7 painting and watercolor set I made in a small plastic box.

No comments:

Post a Comment