Monday, June 30, 2014

Walk In The Woods: Disapearing Trees

Walk In The Woods: Disappearing Trees
16 x 20 Acrylic on gallery wrapped Canvas unframed 275.00


here are some process stages of this painting
I started with a texture of  acrylic paste applied with a palette knife.  Then several layers of single colors splashed, spatter and dripped on
continuing with more wet washes and beginning to add some thicker paint. looking for the composition.  The basic idea was laid out in the white paste
now working with fluid paint and brush and palette knife adding layers over dried layers.  This too several sessions.  pushing darks and lights and warms and cools trying to create distance
When I got this far I thought I was done but I didn't' like the way the white water in the creek looked like it curves up so I eventually went back in an changed the creek to a path.  sometimes you have to look a painting for a while to figure out what it needs

No comments:

Post a Comment