Tuesday, February 16, 2016

you never know

Sometimes you just don't know where ideas come from. almost every painting has a story but it might not be a story about a place. Very often it's a story about a process


This is an on location painting I did sitting on the beach while visiting long island

This is my kit.

Even though this. Painting seems to be about the place it was really about practice I had no intention of selling it or even coming up with something sellable. but the people sitting in front of me overheard me talking about it with my friend and she wanted to see it. And then she wanted to know if I ever sold this kind of thing. well yes sometimes. how much would it be? I hadn't even thought about it. since it wasn't finished I told her a price about half of what I normally would get for a finished one and she said I'll take it. I was shocked. I think that was my first sale off the easel.

1 comment: