Wednesday, September 07, 2016

Beach Day

I did 3 small plein air paintings in two days at the beach.  this first one is gouache on canvas panel  6 x 8    done sitting on the beach  I like the way the yellow gesso shows through.  Gauche is a bit tricky to layer up color  because it never permanently sets up (like watercolors) the the bottom layers want to lift out when they get re wetted.   but it was fun and I learned alot
 this second one is acrylic on paper. It started out as a color study to see if I could get close to the color I was seeing in thr waves.  I settled on cobalt and q. Gold (quinacridone ,a redish yellow ) I liked what was happening so I finished it out as a painting  I was walking and painting this one
 The third one was done late afternoon and I was sitting .  This is acrylics on 6 x 8 canvas panel with a q.gold  gesso under color.  The colors seem over saturated in this one.  sorry about all the typos I'm posting from my phone while riding in a car

No comments:

Post a Comment