Sunday, September 04, 2016

Cloud Fantasy


For today's painting i wanted to explore painting clouds.  This one started out as an experiment but turned out well enough to a painting. The palette was ultramarine blue and burnt orange using acrylics. it's on 3 1/2 x 5 watercolor paper.  I started with a brush but used mostly a knife to build up the clouds.  On my laptop screen, the darks look like black but it's actually near black dark purple mixed from the 2 colors and the grays are more purple as well.  Hopefully, your screen is more color accurate than mine. (it looks pretty close to real colors on my Samsung g5 so if you have one you are probably seeing the actual colors)
 
This is the cropped version I'll be posting to the 30 in 30 website.  I'll be posting these new paintings to my art for pete sake etsy store soon,

No comments:

Post a Comment