Monday, September 05, 2016

Dawn at New Suffolk Marsh, day 5 in the 30 in 30 chalenge

 The above image is the painting done at the creek at New Suffolk at dawn standing on the bridge fighting off the gnats.  It's a great spot to watch the sun come up and I painted 5 paintings in 2 dawn sessions.  I could easily paint here everyday of the year. So many compositions in a 360 degree view of march and inlet. 5 x 7 gouache
 This is the same painting later reworked in the foreground. This is the advantage of gouache, you can go back and paint over previous layers
 This is the second painting done this morning   I like this one better. Once I get the idea of the composition and how and where the shapes are going to fit on the paper, it gets easier and faster to paint the scene.
This image shows the easel and paint box kit I was using to paint all the pictures in this series.

No comments:

Post a Comment