Friday, September 09, 2016

Day 9, 30 in 30 charcoal and chalk

 Not much time to paint today. Squeezed in this drawing between projects. From a picture on my phone of a big ominous cloud hanging over down town.  Cropped to 6 x 6 charcoal and chalk on caft paper.

The first iteration  I thought I was done.  this happens a lot.  I think I'm done only to look at it a few minutes later and realize it's not done at all.   this time I felt the drawing was off and not enough definition in the white clouds

   The second time I thought I was done but after a fresh look, after I photoed it , I didn't like the hard edges in the clouds   6 x 8 pad


so my third go,  I blended in the top left cloud and re worked the bottom  clouds to get a bit more definition and separation there.  I'm sure there is more that can be done but time is a limiting factor today.

No comments:

Post a Comment